To download a job description click here
Honey Stinger, located in the beautiful mountain town of Steamboat Springs, Colorado, seeks a Brand Manager for this fast-growing, dynamic brand. This individual will be well-versed on key marketing initiatives, participate and lead cross-functional teams and act as an important leader of a small team working across all components of brand marketing.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate leadership skills in all facets of the marketing mix in order to support Honey Stinger’s significant sales growth goals. S/he will also bring strategic thinking and a results-driven, can-do attitude to our marketing team and will report directly to the VP of Marketing. Having a passion for the outdoors while working for a storied sports nutrition brand makes this a unique opportunity for both career growth and adventure.
- Accountable for managing a variety of marketing initiatives that drive brand awareness and trial.
- Lead new + optimized product commercialization—managing your counterparts in Operations and Sales to deliver on-time and on-budget product and new sku launches.
- Direct campaign strategy, manage campaign development and execution for all new products and other initiatives – both large and small. Understand how to integrate campaigns across all channels and depts.
- Lead messaging strategy, agency management and coordinate timelines for all brand and product releases.
- Collaborate with the sales team to provide best-in-class sales materials, retailer-specific merchandising and shopper marketing programs as needed for new and existing distribution growth opportunities.
- Actively gather, analyze and present brand, competitor and category insights, trends and data. Lead monthly marketing reviews with senior leadership.
- Recommend and oversee external agency partners on concept development, strategic positioning and/or other brand needs that can’t be met internally.
- Review all marketing materials and communication to ensure brand standards are met.
- Manage marketing OPEX budget and financial analysis to gauge business performance.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or equivalent. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a consumer-packaged goods brand marketing role or related capacity is required.
- Experience creating go-to-market strategy and driving production timelines to deliver on-time and on-budget. Packaging and regulatory experience is a must.
- Experience with both traditional and innovative communications and marketing techniques, including customer-specific/shopper marketing programs.
- Experience with AC Nielsen, IRI or SPINS. Experience analyzing data & translating to recommendations is essential.
- Knowledge of project management principles; discipline of planning, organizing, securing, and managing resources to achieve specific goals.
- Self-motivated with a positive, can-do attitude and driven to make an impact.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment and meet business driven deadlines.
- Accident/Life Insurance
- Wellness Reimbursement
- PTO (paid time off)
Salary Range: $110,000 – $140,000
Honey Stinger’s commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, disability, national origin, religion, orientation and experience extends across all team members, partners and athletes. We encourage and expect all qualified candidates to apply regardless of background—your unique point of view will make us all better.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter explaining your qualifications for the position and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.